Friday, March 4, 2011

The Journey to a Texas IronMan

Welcome to March everyone…it’s a good sign!

This past week was a huge confidence builder. Just when the little voice inside started to make me second guess this whole journey, a remarkable week occurred.

Typically, I try to pick on something goofy, out of the norm or just plain odd to talk to you about with the weekly workouts. Let’s just say it was a “You don’t think you can do this? Well, here is where your at” kinda week.

My favorite of the three disciplines is the bike. While speed work on the trainer isn’t really the ultimate party of a workout, it has to be done. Trending upward in improvement on the bike, the speed workout was one of the strongest in a pretty long time. The output of strength was just as strong at the first session to the tenth session all in the same workout. A good sign.

In concert with the bike workout, another milestone in the swim was reached. For the first time, I finally swam the IronMan race distance of 2.4 miles. The best part is when I got out of the pool, I knew I could continue onward and not lay on the deck flailing like a fish out of water. Another good sign.

The run I had last week was solid. Of the three disciplines, the run is my challenge. I have been taking it easy with many of the run sessions to avoid injury. Knowing I held a consistent pace was yet another good sign.

All of the signs reconfirmed what I am trying to do is worth pressing forward. I can see consistent training along with continued focus is paying off. So it is a good sign that there is a shot at finishing this beast of a race. Eleven more weeks to go my friends….eleven more weeks. ;)

Talk to ya next week!
Janet

1 comment:

Dr Marybeth Crane said...

Janet you are rocking girlfriend! Eleven weeks!