Monday, January 16, 2012

2012 Journey to IronMan Mont Tremblant

I hope your new year is starting off in a focused and positive direction for you. Are you goals for the New Year in place? If not, there is no better time than the present so hop to it!

I managed to finish my goals on New Year’s Day and one of the goals should be no surprise if you have followed this blog. Once again, Dr. Crane and I are going after another full distance IronMan.

Yep, base training has begun. We invite you to join us as we blog and video this year’s journey. While much was learned from IronMan Texas that we finished last year, this year the course has a few more “bumps” in elevation. The 2012 race will take place August 19th in beautiful Mont Tremblant, Quebec Canada…yea; we are heading to the mountains my friends.

So how did we end up in Canada? We originally tried to enter IronMan New York City. To our dismay, the race sold out in eight minutes, with us unfortunately not obtaining a spot. After breaking the news to Dr. Crane, she pops over to me later in the day and says “here is what we are doing”, naturally, I gulped and replied “what pray tell are we doing?” “We are signing up for IronMan Mont Tremblant” she states. So I figure what the heck. After signing us both up, I took a peek at the course. Hmm, do you think I would have learned to check the course first? Nope, I sure did not. Note to self, check the course when she does this to you again next year…

The course at IronMan Texas was flat as a pancake. Mont Tremblant’s course…oh, so the opposite. For your viewing pleasure, I have captured the bike elevation for you to view, stare then laugh if you so choose:



It is pretty safe to say we are in for a challenge eh? So get ready for some fun reading while we train. We will take you to a few warm up races before the IronMan, help you learn more on bio mechanics of the foot and keeping your feet healthy. Who knows, with a bit of luck, we might just inspire you as you meet your own goals.

Happy New Year…here we go!

No comments: