Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Journey to a Texas Ironman

Hi Everyone,

Trusting you had a great week and if not, may next week be the best for you!

So a big box appeared on my doorstep on Wednesday. My first ever set of racing wheels arrived. Judging by the look on my face as I gazed upon them for the very the first time, one would have thought I won the lottery or just received a huge diamond or something of that nature. Nope, that’s not me. The two wheels glimmered of carbon and once the tubes and tires were added then mounted on Celeste, a ray of light shined down from the sky and angelic voices began to sing….ok, I’ll stop now.

So it’s one week until Branson 70.3 and I have new race wheels and one sore knee. This morning’s run came to a dead stop followed by a long grueling walk then out of the blue a slow jog. Naturally, you would think I would stop but I thought to walk it off and see what happens. As of this afternoon which included yard work and fall planting, so far so good. Maybe it was just one of those kinks those of us 40 and over are faced with when training – or maybe it’s the anti-inflammatory meds kicking in along with my one beverage for the evening. ;)

Anyways, I have decided next weekend's race is going to focus on the swim and bike then ease it through the run just in case ole kneecaps start yapping. After the race, I am going to take a break. There, I said it…..a break. How long you ask? Well, let’s just see how long it takes until I start whining to my coach that I need more workouts. I give it a week tops.

Talk to ya next week post Branson 70.3!
Janet

No comments: