Friday, November 5, 2010

The Journey to a Texas Ironman

Keeping a commitment. Many ask how one can train for an IronMan and still keep the rest of life going. It’s simple. When you find something that is your passion, you make it work. You honor the commitment to yourself and to others.

I am excited to know and meet triathletes that are sincerely honest and have a genuine outlook on life. There is a friend of mine that I cycle with on the weekends. She has no idea but just riding along side of her..okay, she is in the front a lot then again I can sometimes pass her…is such a positive influence and has that strong sense of commitment. Even though she usually places in her age group, you would never know it. She is committed to improving herself however never making others feel inadequate. Thanks Laurie – I hope to be at IronMan Wisconsin 2011to cheer you on just like you have committed to cheering on athletes including me at the Texas Ironman. ;)

This whole Journey of commitment also adds another goal to my list: To pay it forward by committing to helping others join and grow in the world of triathlon. This community has a lot of great people and it is the right thing do by welcoming others to the multisport lifestyle.

As for the workouts, the swim stood out this week. Alot of time was spent slowing it down and focusing on form. No running even though I gathered an inkling of possible walk to run workouts coming up soon from my coach. I figured I might as well type that sentence to see if she will let me strap on the running shoes and head out for a run..errr…jog…errr….walk in the near future. Did ya get that Della? ;)

Commitment. Just one of the many facets of becoming an IronMan.

Talk to ya next week,
Janet