Friday, November 19, 2010

The Journey to a Texas Ironman

Welcome the first virus of the season. As much as I tried to avoid the crud creeping around, tag, I was it. After a week of balloon head, the body is slowly returning to a normal state….and that’s a good thing!

Of the workouts I was able to complete, I did manage to have a swim earlier in the week that turned the page. I swam 2000 yards in less than half the time I am aiming for during the race. Maybe it was last minute fumes before the virus kicked in however, it was a much needed confidence booster. So for that one workout, I am most grateful.

I noticed over the last few weeks, the body clock is changing to earlier wake up times. I started to think this might be a sign of over training. Turns out, it is a case of realizing the morning workouts do tend to make quite a difference when it comes to handling the days challenges. I used to be a night time workout fanatic however the change to the morning is good. So for balance, I am splitting the workout times throughout the week just in case there is that one morning I may need a few extra minutes of shut-eye.

This coming Sunday is IronMan Arizona 2010. A lot of my friends are competing and I am so excited for them. All of the hard work is done and now it’s time to head out and enjoy the race! I am ready to track their progress online and cheer for them throughout the day. I am so very proud to know so many who have dedicated themselves to take on this challenge. Good luck everyone!

So for the next week, the schedule consists of a few days of work followed by a few days at home to celebrate Thanksgiving. I love this time of year and look forward to continued focus on training. I have never trained through the holidays before as normally I complete a fall race.

That about wraps it up for this week folks, I am taking a week off from the blog to enjoy family time. I hope you make the most of your holiday! Happy Thanksgiving!!

Talk to ya in two weeks,
Janet

No comments: