Friday, February 4, 2011

The Journey to a Texas IronMan

Hello Everyone from icy, snowy Texas.....

It’s not very often the words icy, snowy and Texas are in the same sentence so I will get it in while I can. Much of the nation was hit this week with yet another curve ball by Mother Nature. Take this moment to do something nice for the environment like planting in early spring, pick up trash or find alternate energy saving ways to avoid emissions like riding your bike to work or share a ride to work. You get the picture, maybe she will settle down if more folks start giving back on a regular basis. Okay, it was worth a shot.

So the skin suit arrived this week. What arrived in the size of a small jewelry box, a non neoprene material presented itself. This one piece number does run a size small so I am glad I followed advice and ordered up a size. Thanks Coach!

Sliding into this daunting garment was an interesting task. My dog sat patiently watching me wriggle and squiggle into this scrap of material. I was laughing pretty hard as I tried to get this thing over existing curves. Once in the skin suit, I dared to look in the mirror with a result of hey…not bad followed by a large smile by my spousal unit. So I guess it is okay for public viewing. Luckily I will be hidden in the water for most of the time I will be wearing the suit.

Getting out of the suit was much easier. It is now hanging in the closet awaiting its first use in water. At least the wardrobe for the first third of the race is complete. Now to shop for the bike and run portions- whoo-hoo!

With the inclement weather this week and now into Superbowl weekend, a lot of indoor training has and will continue. I have decided my love hate relationship with the indoor cycle trainer is now in dislike mode. Although the training videos are good, there is simply no substitute in riding outdoors on the road. Even with the cold weather planned for this weekend, if the roads are clear, I will be outdoors with Celeste the super tri bike well layered in warm clothing.

That about wraps it up, have a safe productive week!

Talk to ya next week!
Janet

No comments: