Thursday, February 10, 2011

The Journey to a Texas IronMan

Hello Everyone,

This week was all about the swim. On one of the longer swim workouts, I ended up swimming my fastest time to date. Coming from zero yardage two years ago all the way to swimming a personal best per 100 yard average was one thing however to complete it with a 3500 yard workout was icing on the cake. I tease when I say I brought gills with me to the swim. This time, I think I grew gills. Just when my head starts to worry about finishing this beast of a race, a major confidence builder appears. How cool is that?

The long rides have kicked in and Sundays have become an all about the bike day. Part of the tradition with Dr. Crane is visiting one Starbucks on the route. She grabs one of the specialty coffee…mocha, lota stuffa in a cup then there is me…straight black. The next part of the tradition is I end up shopping in the store, she laughs at me while waiting for her coffee which is short of a science project and I continue to shop away looking at all the cute little things on the shelves. The tradition continues by me saying I am going to come back and purchase the cute little must have collections only to completely forget about it the minute we leave the shop. Rest assured, on Sunday around 11:00am central time, the above will occur in the exact sequence.

Thanks to the weather lately, a lot of running on the treadmill has become routine. Learning I am not fan 2-3 minutes into the treadmill session really makes for a long hour of running. When I am short on workout time, I sometimes jump on the treadmill at work. This becomes quite an event as employees take great pleasure in walking past me waving hello as they are sucking down a chocolate candy bar. I tell you, that is just love right there. Here is someone trying to get in a few miles, sweating like a polar bear in the middle of the desert only to be taunted with a Kit Kat. That’s okay, I know where their cubicles are - I will get them back.

So that about wraps up this week’s adventure. Valentine’s day is this Monday – do something special for that someone special and while you are at it, do something special for you! Now get up from your computer and get to it!

Talk to ya next week,
Janet

1 comment:

Dr Marybeth Crane said...

Actually I usually order a Cafe Americano so I have enough caffeine to keep up with Janet!