Friday, May 13, 2011

The Journey to a Texas IronMan

Well folks, at this time next week, Dr. Crane and I will experience the 2011 Texas IronMan course. As expected, time flew right on by and geez, what a difference life has become since we registered for the event back on June 25th of last year.

This week at the practice, multiple IronMan friends stopped in to cast well wishes. Finally today, I felt a few jitters then again, maybe it was the air conditioning. Seriously though, I am now excited on top of curious and it is probably safe to say many participants are in the same boat. So bring it May 21st, there is a course of 140.6 miles to be consumed.

Now we know what it takes to train for a full IronMan. IronMan training takes strength, endurance, determination, speed, risk, power, preparation, perseverance, courage, persistence, dedication and attitude. Let’s not also forget to tack on eating and sleeping!

I am hooked on this sport which doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out. I do hope however each week of this blog, you were able to take bits and pieces of this journey and apply this in your life. At the practice, we promote healthy lifestyles which inevitably leads to healthy bodies and guess what? That healthy body includes healthy feet!

If you read this blog then felt the need to go for a walk, a run or make a positive change in your life, then my work here was a success. Knowing you followed along each week fueled me to keep going, so I must thank you for the virtual push. I am in awe of all the twitter followers (we even went international with followers), the wonderful emails and facebook posts. After next weekend, I promise to update you on the event then we move forward with a new twist to this blog...but more on that later.

Talk to ya next week after IronMan,
Janet

No comments: