Saturday, December 18, 2010

The Journey to a Texas IronMan

Holiday week is upon us and boy has this been a challenge to balance workouts with work, socializing and home life. I started to fret a bit this past week thinking I was not quite able to give the attention needed for workouts. Luckily, my coach who I swear has mental telepathy sent out a message to her athletes stating this is a time to enjoy with family and friends then in January we hit it hard. This was music to my ears and offered much relief knowing the couple of days I needed to wrap up shopping and shipping was okay. I even managed to get ahead of the to do list and found the perfect dress for an upcoming wedding in early January….thank you Nordstroms. ;)

Pull up update….made it half way, not bad and it is progress considering the first week the body just hung from the bar like a side of beef hanging in the meat locker.

Celeste the super tri bike was sick of the indoor trainer as well as I. So I took her out for a spin and both feet were frozen after the ride. Instinctively, I thaw out and search to find a fix. After a few short clicks online, viola….I have made another purchase – cycling shoe covers! I purchased two versions, one pair covers the toes and the other pair is a full on bootie to cover the entire cycling shoe and ankle! The boots are a bit funky looking however they are warm. The toe covers look like little mittens….again, warm and too cute.

Since I was in the shopping mode, I purchased a few flavors of the IronMan perform sport drink as this will be the hydration out on the course on race day. It was a great price so I figured I might as well begin the acclimation since I typically use another brand. All in all, expenditures are very much under control for this race and that is a great thing!

Really folks, that is about it for this past week. Next week is Christmas and it’s time to take a week off from the blog although trust me, the workouts will continue. So do enjoy time with family and friends, get rest, don’t over do it on the holiday food and beverage and I will catch ya before 2010 comes to a close. Until then, may each of you have a wonderfully happy, safe and blessed holiday.

Talk to ya soon!
Janet

No comments: